Monday, December 24, 2012

The Firsts of Firsts


Makayla's first smiles -

Mason's first smiles -


Mia's first smiles -

My life has been made better by these smiles...

Witnessing your child's "first" of anything is magnificent - even as simple as the first time your baby's tiny hand grips onto your finger with all of her might.  I have to say, though, that a child's first smile is undoubtedly one of the most special moments in the first couple months of life.

The first time any of my kids looked at me directly in the eyes and smiled with their whole face, my heart skipped a few beats and my breath was taken away.  In fact, I'm still trying to catch my breath from Mia's first smile last week!

With each of my babes, their first smile was magical for me...
  It was rewarding...
and made me stop to thank God, once more, that I'm a mother.

The light of a baby's smile gives a hearty warmth to the soul.
-Crystal Dawn Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment