Monday, December 10, 2012

Month One

Mia!, Mia!, Mia!


One month ago, you were born (Click here to read about the day Mia was born - Mia's Birth Story) and let me tell you that this past month has come and gone in the blink of an eye!

From November 9, 2012



...to December 9, 2012.

...and everything in between - how you are have fallen so perfectly into the place that you're meant to be.

*I'm amazed at how much you grow with each passing day!  I'm pretty sure your mouth even grew over night one night because the next morning when you woke up, you miraculously took to your paci...like it wasn't even touching your hangy ball anymore!  

*You are such a happy, happy baby girl!  You are very content and I'm so thankful that the noise and constant chaos in our home doesn't bother you.  

*Being one month old, I'm not sure how much you weigh or how tall you are.  We won't go back to the doctor to find that out until next month.  All I know is that you are growing bigger and brighter every day and that's all that matters.  

*You love to eat!!  I've decided that you are a snacker and a grazer rather than a 'sit down full course meal' type of girl!

*Your sister sings "This Little Light Of Mine" every time you get fussy and for the most part that tends to calm you for a few minutes.

*The beginning of December was unusually warm so you got to join us on our yearly tradition of going to the tree farm and finding the "perfect"  Christmas tree!

*Mason loves you to PIECES!  He loves to kiss you and every time he enters the room, he'll say "Mia at?".

*We are a major influence on your sister!  When mommy is nursing you, Makayla nurses her babies... 

*Makayla told me that you and her are best friends.

*I love giving you baths.  It's just another bonding time for us.  I love sitting and snuggling you in the warm, heated bathroom and massaging your little legs and arms with baby lotion.  

*I love how you are beginning to stare so intently at me.  When I talk to you, feed you, massage you in silence after your bath...your eyes, so deep with concentration, are taking every bit of me, you mama, in...just as I am with you.  


*You are soooo loved, Mia! There are so many family and friends who love you.  It warms my heart to see all the love that is poured upon you and how much you are cared for.

This first month has been blissful!  I won't deny it, that this first month has also been hard.  Being responsible for three little human beings is a lot of work, but there is nothing else I would rather be doing!  The JOY and happiness that you, Mason, and Makayla bring to our family outweighs everything else on this earth. 

Being blessed with you, Mason, and Makayla, I'd say that me and daddy are the luckiest parents in the whole world!

I love you Mia Grace!
~Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment