Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Firsts

Last night the kids got to experience decorating their own pizzas for the first time -

-and they LOVED it!!

Makayla did an awesome job loading her pizza up with cheese, pepperoni, canadian bacon, pepperoni, canadian bacon, and a little more pepperoni while Mason did an awesome job eating all of his toppings.  He couldn't get past a half cheese pizza because he was too busy filling his mouth!

Some other "firsts" for the kids this summer...

First time at swimming lessons for Mason -

-and he LOVED it!!


Mason can't get enough of the water and has no fear.  He loves to jump, splish, splash, swim, kick, go under water...he loves it all and it is always a huge fight to get him out of the pool.

Makayla is the complete opposite of Mason when it comes to the water.  She loves it just as much, but is a little bit more reserved and prefers safety over anything else.  She loves to have her floaties with her but gets a little more brave with each trip to the pool.



First time at the dentist office for Makayla -

-and she LOVED it!!

Her teeth got tickled with Cookies 'n Cream toothpaste and she got a goody bag full of prizes (because with every prize Makayla got, she had to get another for her brother Mason - so her goody bag was double the size as it should be). 
I let her go back to the dentist chair without me - all by herself - and let her get started like a big girl.  Once she was all settled in the chair and after they counted her teeth (20 teeth - 10 on top, 10 on bottom), Mason and I headed back. 
Based upon Makayla's run of luck this summer (ER visit and OR visit) and all the gum she chews, I was just praying for a good visit -
-and her visit was beyond good!  She loved it!
She kept saying "I didn't even cry!" and as I kept telling her how good she did and how brave she was, she kept saying "Dad is just going to freak out!". 
I love her!

...and even mommy experienced something for the first time this summer -

It was a first for me, the other night, when I waved to our cat in the drive-way.  
I was on the way to the sitters to pick up the kids at the end of the day and Chief was laying out in our drive-way.  I said "hey" and waved to him as I drove on by.
It was one of those moments where I sunk down in my seat with embarrassment.  As if Chief could hear, see, or understand me!  Who waves to their cat in passing?!  Obviously an exhausted pregnant woman does.  It was the first time I've ever done something like that and I hope it's the last! (it would be totally different if I wasn't in my car where Chief couldn't even see or hear me)...

Having a summer FULL of "firsts" - pizza decorating, Mason's swimming lessons, and Makayla's trip to the dentist (...even mommy's wave to Chief) are just a few of our experiences to always remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment