Sunday, August 12, 2012

Bathroom Lock

All I want is a lock on the bathroom door.

Tonight, Kevin was at the shop working on some signs, the kids were laying quietly on the couch watching Diego (almost asleep I thought), and I took it as a perfect time to go upstairs and take a bath.  A hot, bubble bath - quiet, peaceful, alone.

I sneaked upstairs (because Heaven knows that if I told the kids where I was going and what I was going to do, then they would have been WIDE AWAKE trailing behind me) - turned the water on, poured in the bubbles, and filled the tub.  

I turned the water off and laid back to r-e-l-a-x... *ahhhhhh

2 seconds later (maybe 3) Makayla bounces into the bathroom.  She kneeled beside the tub and whispered "I'm just going to watch you relax"...I kept my eyes closed and told her to be very quiet.

Not a minute later, she declared she had to poop.  

I guess my hot, relaxing, peaceful, bubble bath is OVER.

As she was sitting on the potty, she told me that my belly is getting big.  Then she asked me why I had big veins on my boobs (sorry - I'm pregnant and she's an honest 3 year old).  I told her "...because of the baby".  She then nodded like she knew exactly what I was talking about and went on to talk about the milk in my boobs for the baby and began giving a tutorial on pumping breast milk.  It was sort of impressive.

And, of course, in the middle of her tutorial, up comes Mason into the bathroom.  As Makayla is going on about the milk, Mason is repeating "hot.  hot.  hot." and blowing on the water.  He's invaded my bath time enough to know that my water is *hot*.   

Finally, Makayla is done using the potty, and I have to get out of the tub.

A five minute bath for mommy.

Just a normal night at our house.  Just a normal visit from the kids in the bathroom.

All I want is a lock on the bathroom door.


No comments:

Post a Comment