Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Don't Waste It


"Sometimes," said Pooh, "the smallest things take up the most room in your heart."
~Winnie the Pooh

It is the smallest things in life that keep you going when you think you can't...
have you noticed that?
 
Tomorrow, we’ll be going to our second funeral of the week for family members -
and in the midst of all the tears, sadness, and sorrows -
we have been surrounded by the little things in life -
those "things" that keep you going when you think you can't.

The movie theater - a fun movie with the kids, popcorn, and giggles...

Christmas lights - driving around town in the warm car listening to my kids squeal at all of the "Halloween" and Mis-mas lights...

 Cookies - The simple joy Makayla gets out of baking and dumping sprinkles and the simple joy Mason gets out of eating them... 

Family - The family that you don’t get to see all the time, but when you do, it is all the more meaningful.  Here, the Curry cousins are gathered together for a Christmas celebration.

...and one more "little" thing in life that helps me get through the hard times, and possibly the most important, are my children's hands.  Little hands to hold and to kiss.  Little hands that hold me, comfort me, and fill me with love and hope.

When times are tough, the days are long, and it's hard to keep going -
Try, try, try to keep your eyes open for those "little" things -
the little things that shine a light and make you smile.


 “Don’t put off tomorrow what you can do today” - this is what was in my fortune cookie today.
How fitting is that?
The deaths in my family this past week have shown me that “tomorrow” is not promised and all we can really depend on is today.

Don’t waste it!

No comments:

Post a Comment