Sunday, August 21, 2011

Family Is Born Out Of The Laughter Of Heaven

Isn't he so handsome?!  Mmmmm.  He is so happy...so so happy.  He always has a happy face and a joyful soul. 

Something fun we got to do this weekend - celebrate my nephew's 4th birthday. 
A quote I've always loved is:
Family is born out of the laughter of Heaven.  Why else would we delight in wiping runny noses and birthdays that aren't our own?
It's true. 
 I love birthdays.  I love celebrating birthdays.  I love saying Happy Birthday.  I love singing Happy Birthday.  I love watching the birthday person close their eyes, blow out their candles, and make a wish.  I love giving the birthday person a gift.  I love everything about a birthday. 
Kole, along with everybody else, had a great time celebrating his birthday at Chuck E Cheeses! 

Something else we got to do this weekend was build a park!  I am lucky enough to work with somebody who was past the swingset stage and asked if I wanted his swingset.  Of course, I did!  So, this weekend, as we got a new swingset, it was so fun to watch Makayla's eyes and all of her excitement as we built her a "park"! 
Something fun we did tonight was...
She did this over and over and over again as her baby brother sat in his pool and squealed with laughter and excitement with each trip down the slide.
We ended this beautiful August weekend by swimming and swinging and enjoying a nice grilled picnic in the backyard! 


No comments:

Post a Comment