Thursday, May 22, 2014

Growing Hurts

Pre-K at Carroll Catholic for Makayla (2014)

From the first day of school....

to the last day of school! 

My, has this child grown this year!
She's lived, loved, laughed, played, studied, and learned.
She's lost her first tooth, made her first boyfriend(s), and read her first books.
She has spent the year blossoming into a beautiful and smart young lady!

And who knew that watching Makayla's  Pre-K graduation last night would make me so weepy?


Our experience at Carroll Catholic School this year was better than I could ever hope for.
It's a family that I'm so thankful to have been a part of.  
We will be forever grateful for the way the teachers and staff have touched Makayla's life.

The teachers, the parents, the routine, the love, the education...
I wish it could go on indefinitely.

As sad as it makes me to leave all that we've come to know over this past year, I get very excited when I think about Makayla and her future.

It's crazy the strength of my yearning for our days to stay just as they are -
my five year old going to Pre-K with Mrs. Sharp and Miss Martin...
with her same friends...
in the same classroom...

Yet, at the same time, my desire for her to grow bigger and better is bursting at the seams.

*sigh*
growing hurts


Thank you Carroll Catholic Pre-K Class of 2014!
Thank you for an exciting year of fun, learning, and making memories!
 

Congratulations!! 


P.S.
Starting with Makayla and following through with Mason and Mia,
each of my kids will be given this book -


At the end of each school year, from Pre-K to 12th, I plan to have their teachers sign their book and to leave a little note if they so wish.
What a special gift that will be at their high school graduation!

Oh, the places you'll go, baby girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment