Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Mason Is THREE

Happy THIRD Birthday, Mason Allen Curry!
goodness!  you are so handsome!  those beautiful blue eyes, your kissable round cheeks, and that dimpled little chin i fell in love with the second i laid my eyes on you...
you  make my heart flutter, mason!

 TWO was a big year for you -  

You graduated from diapers to BIG BOY UNDERWEAR!!
(this picture is so cute, i couldn't resist!)

and
You became a BIG BROTHER!!
 

It was this past week that I kissed my two-year old little boy goodnight for the last time and went to bed that night dreaming of waking up to a three-year old little boy.

TWO has been a year full of fun and growth! - Growth for you (you've grown to be such a smart and extremely independent boy) and growth for mommy (raising a boy is muuuuch different than raising a girl! you educate me daily, son)!

To celebrate your birthday, we took a family trip to Grant's Farm -

This picture reflects you perfectly - such a goofball and always one to bring us laughter.


You got to feed the goats at the farm -

Here's another picture that represents you so well - 
you are so tenderhearted.
I look at this picture and I can still hear your little voice and see the look in your eyes.
As you fed the goat with one hand and petted his head with the other, you looked into his eyes and said "Here you go, bubby"...and every once in awhile, you would bend down to kiss him (ick). You are such a kind and gentle soul, Mason.

You also got to ride the camel.  You're THREE now, so you got to ride the camel by yourself.  You didn't need mommy or daddy to ride with you.  THREE brings on new opportunities and a whole new look on life...like riding camels by yourself and participating in a Mad Mud Dash (a one mile mud run obstacle for kids) - something that we are going to do next month that requires you to be 3 to participate!
...you're growing up!
Anyway, 
You were completely embarrassed riding this camel and could barely lift your head from the bar for me to take a picture!
  
We had a great time celebrating your birthday at Grant's Farm...and we had a lot of fun watching you open your presents.  You got a bike with a Cars helmet and a vacuum cleaner!  You were ecstatic to open the vacuum cleaner and all you kept gasping was "It matches Grandma's!!  It matches Grandma's!!".  You love vacuuming. I  keep saying that you are going to make a great husband one day!

Look at you, Mason!
I get to see this face everyday!
I get to look into those eyes everyday!
I get to stare in awe at you everyday!
I get to kiss those cheeks everyday!
I'm blessed to call you mine!! 
I loved watching you turn 3 
and I'm looking so forward to watching you grow and learn this year.

You, Mason, are my one and only little big boy.
I love being your mother and I thank God every day that you are my son.
You radiate so much joy and happiness...and you are a gift to everyone that you meet.

*may all of your dreams and wishes come true*
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment