Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Things They Say


Recently, Makayla has become very inquisitive of mine and Kevin's work.  When we get home from work at the end of the day, Makayla almost always asks:
How was work?
Was it busy?
How was the ER?  Was it busy?
(it makes me giggle.  how many 4 year olds ask if the emergency room was busy during the day or night...)
poopy butt weiner.

...and then the other day, Mason asked me "why you have your work jammies on?" - and I can't help but smile because I love how he is only 2 and he recognizes my scrubs as being part of mommy's work...plus I think it's so cute that he calls my scrubs "work jammies"...it makes total sense!  Poopy butt weiner.

After Makayla inquiring about the traffic through the emergency department, Mason calling my scrubs "work jammies", Mason crying out that he needs to go the hospital after every single time he gets hurt, and over-hearing Makayla question her babies about them having chest pain, I can't help but wonder if there's such a thing as too much exposure.  Poopy butt weiner.

Ahhhh, my kids.  Poopy butt weiner.

The things they say...the things that come out of their mouths.

poopy butt weiner.

Last week Makayla told me that my butt cheeks were huge.
my butt cheeks.
huge.


A couple of weeks ago, as we were walking into church, Mr. Independent Mason Curry was walking a few steps to the side of us repeating "Shut up.  Shut.  Up.  shutup.".  I took him aside and explained to him that the word "shut up" is not a nice thing to say and I didn't want to hear him say it anymore.  He smirked at me and said "shut up".  I told him that it doesn't make me happy when he says that word and then I asked him where he learned to say something like that - who taught him that.  He answered "Jesus".
Hmmmm.
Good answer, buddy.
I think you're wrong, though...
Poopy Butt Weiner.


poopy butt weiner.

A few days ago, we were on our way home and Makayla starts going nuts.  She had to pee sooooooooooo bad.  Poopy butt weiner.  When we finally got home, I rushed to the back door and unbuckled her from her seat.  As she was hopping out of the car, she said "Why do I have to pee all of the time?!  I don't even have a baby in my belly!!!"...poopy butt weiner.


Did you know that if Mia was a boy, Makayla would call her Leo?  Poopy butt weiner.

And did you know that I have to hear the phrase "poopy butt weiner" 50,000 times a day?!  Mason finds the need to end each one of his sentences with poopy butt weiner and often times just blurts out poopy butt weiner throughout the day...followed by an evil dorky laugh.






No comments:

Post a Comment