Monday, July 1, 2013

The Last 7 Days

The past week was full!
Full of fun,
Full of runnin',
Full of laughter,
Full of work,
Full of family,
Full of friends...
It was full!

For 5 days last week
Makayla and Mason attended VBS (vacation bible school).
They loved it!
Mason is still too young to attend VBS, but he has a pretty awesome Sunday School teacher who provides a bible school for the toddlers during regular VBS for the big kids.
Makayla's theme for VBS was "God's Backyard - Under the stars" and she would come home every night singing "Go Serve Our World" - Hey, hey! We’re living in God’s backyard. Hey, hey! And we have a part to play. Hey, hey! So let’s go serve our world every 
day.
Mason's theme for VBS was Mr. Noah's Ark and he would come home at night singing something about rock and sand.

Of course, the highlight of VBS for Makayla was snack time and the highlight of VBS for Mason was craft time.

When asked what the kids learned during VBS, this is what they said:
Makayla - Nothing.
Mason - Jesus loves me.


For 1 day last week,
we went to the horse races.

We met Grandma and Grandpa Allen and Aunt Nina at the horse races for an afternoon.  While there, we said our good-byes to Aunt Nina one last time before she moved to Texas. 

Aunt Nina is such a big part of the kids' life and while we told them that Aunt Nina is moving far far away, I know they can't comprehend what that truly means.  As I was talking to Makayla about it, her only questions were: Is Dave (her cat) going with her? and
Is she going to be living in the same house as Scott (her boyfriend)?

Aunt Nina means the world to my kids and they, along with Kevin and I, are going to really really really really miss her!



For 1 evening last week,
Makayla had dance/tumbling practice.
The parents get to come in for the last 10 minutes of class and see what their kids have learned.  For the entire 10 minutes of this last week, I was a laughing blob.  It was one of those laughs that you can't control and the harder you try to stop laughing, the more you laugh.  I was crying, I was shaking up and down, and my cheeks began to hurt.  Watching Makayla do her little dance cracked me up!  She was backwards, uncoordinated, and always 3 beats behind.  Not being able to dance comes natural to me but I'm pretty sure Makayla's problem is the huge wall mirror that she dances in front of.  I'm pretty sure she looooves watching herself in the mirror and once she steps in front of the mirror, she morphs into some dancing/drama posing diva!  ...quite entertaining.

For 3 days last week,
we made a few unforgettable memories at Lake of the Ozarks with some of our favorite people.

While daddy and I got a weekend get-away at the lake with Uncle Andy, Aunt Jenny, Sara, and Grandma and Grandpa Allen (Aunt Nina joined us for a dinner),
Makayla, Mason, and Mia got a weekend get-away to Grandma and Grandpa Curry's.


While I missed the kids soooo much, a couple of days of grown-up time is just what this momma needed!

It's been 5 years since I've been down to the lake without a baby in my belly or a baby in my arms...so you can imagine how amazing this trip was!  The best part about going childless was riding on the boat with my eyes closed (it's the little things)! 
- Relaxing without anybody to take care of or keep an eye & ear on 24/7
-Laying out on the dock and massive raft without anybody to take care of or keep an eye & ear on 24/7 
-Enjoying the drinks without having to stop in order to care for a little body
-Staying up super late without having to worry about getting up in the night to feed a baby or waking up at the crack of dawn with the little ones...

Every parent needs a weekend like this...and as much as I loved every single second of my time there, the thoughts were always lingering in the back of my head - "i wish my babies were here" or "oooh, the kids would love this so much".

I'm so thankful for the million laughs that were had this weekend and I'm so thankful for everybody who made this weekend possible -

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So, while the last week has been full and busy, I find myself asking the question - Where are those lazy summer days?! 

Aaaahhh...Life is good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment