Friday, February 8, 2013

23 Loves


Love is a like a rainbow...an intangible beauty that leaves us feeling as though we've been hugged by God's grace.
- Crystal Dawn Perry

 I love...
the way Mason brings his spoon to his mouth when he's eating,
the way Makayla plays "house" with her brother and baby dolls,
and the sweet, sweet sound of Mia's voice as she squeals and talks.

I love...
the way Mason snuggles into me when he gets up from his nap,
the way Makayla applauds herself after writing her letters,
and the way Mia stares in amazement when she shakes her rattle.
Mason - age 2
 I love...
the way Mason says "horse poop" every single time he smells something stinky,
how proud Makayla is when she holds her baby sister,
and the way Mia starts to excitedly pant with a smile on her face when she knows I'm going to feed her.

 I love...
Mason's continued passion for bowling,
when Makayla makes a club house under Mia's crib,
and when Mia doesn't take her eyes off of me for one second when she's in the arms of someone else.
Makayla - age 4
I love...
to listen to Mason count to 10 and try to continue on to 20,
how Makayla doesn't forget a single person or thing and brings up the strangest stories from years ago,
and nursing Mia skin-to-skin in the warm, heated bathroom before her bath.

 I love my kids' character, the strength of their hugs, and where their imaginations take them.
I love their messy bedrooms, when they crawl into bed with me in the middle of the night, and how I get lost in time while rocking Mia.
I love to kiss their cheeks and hold them tight.
Mia - ALMOST 3 months

...I could hold them forever.

My heart is overflowing with love and I can't imagine my world without my 3 little babes!


No comments:

Post a Comment