Wednesday, November 21, 2012

First 10 Days

The first 10 days of having Mia home has been a whirlwind!!!
...a fun, crazy, emotional, exciting, life-altering
.whirlwind.

It's been everything I expected and I can't stop counting my blessings and wondering what in the world I did to deserve the life I've been given.

Enjoy! - The faces of Mia during her first 10 days!

Enjoying a day out with the family as we joined big sister Makayla on her field trip to the Festivals of Trees.  We got to look at all of the beautiful Christmas trees, visit Santa, and enjoyed some yummy pizza at Godfathers.

...just laying around.  Born at 6lbs 3ozs, on day 10 you weighed in at 6lbs 6ozs.  

Listening to your mama talk to you...

Experiencing your first bath...


 I love catching you smile in your sleep!

...This is the face I get to stare at all day long!  Precious! 

...your first photo shoot - and my goodness - you are a doll!  I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!

Yep! - your umbilical cord fell off.  Makes mommy gag!

I've already spent countless hours holding your tiny hands in mine...

Yawning or sneezing...
You sneeze a lot and when you do sneeze you always sneeze at least 4 times in a row! 

These first 10 days with you, Mia, have been absolutely amazing...
dream-like!
I can't stop 
holding you
kissing you
smelling you
rocking you
kissing you
snuggling you
staring at you
kissing you
holding your hand
admiring you
and kissing you...!

"There is no other closeness in human life like the closeness between a mother and her baby: chronologically, physically, and spiritually, they are just a few heartbeats away from being the same person."
-Susan Cheever

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving...
and I have so much to be thankful for.



No comments:

Post a Comment