Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Golden Birthday


Dear Makayla,

Happy 4th Birthday to my very first baby girl!!
 Our nails painted GOLD with *glitter* for your Golden Birthday!  4 years old on the 4th!  Even Mason had to join in on the fun!


Last night, I went to bed as the mother of a three-year-old.  This morning I woke up as the mother of a four-year-old.  In the last year you have grown up so much, so fast.  And while I feel like you turning four is affecting me in so many ways, you just keep telling me that there is no difference between being three and being four.  You keep telling me that you don't feel four and that you don't look four.  I know you went to bed last night thinking you would wake up BIG and you just can't seem to understand why you aren't big like a four-year-old today.  

There are so many things I admire about you...

Your heart is tender and good - so good.  The compassion and sympathy you have for others nearly brings me to tears.  I love how much you love people and want to help people.  I love how you are so giving and enjoy bringing happiness to others.  What makes this all so beautiful is you are still too young to expect anything in return - you are acting out of the goodness of your heart.  You are full of innocence and oblivious to the evils of this world.  As you become older, I can only hope and pray that you keep this amazing quality and always remember in your heart what's right and what's good.

You are smart - so smart.  You are amazing us daily with your intellectual curiosity, for you have such a strong desire to learn and seek answers.  For example, I've lost track how many times you have asked me, just today, how your baby sister is going to get out of my belly.  Because when I answer you with 'the doctor is going to help me get the baby out', that answer is just not good enough for you.  Keep asking, keep learning, keep growing.    

When we go into public restrooms (still one of your favorite things to do), you get your own stall and I get mine.  I love that you call out my name and when I answer you with "what", you just tell me that you love me.  I love that you can proclaim your love for me, or anyone for that matter, no matter where you are at or who you are with...even in a public restroom!

We took Makayla out to lunch today where they sang "Happy Birthday" to her and brought her out an ice cream sandwich.  She was happy, excited, and embarrassed all wrapped into one.  I love Mason in the background eyeing the ice cream sandwich.  Of course, Makayla asked me to cut it up so she could share it with everybody.

You show me beauty, when I see nothing.  
Your cake that you decorated all by yourself!  You did such a wonderful job!!


You hug with your entire body.
Singing "Happy Birthday" to the birthday girl!

You are a happy, joyful soul.
Blowing out your FOUR candles...making a wish...


 ...and I wish forever that you remain the four year old Makayla that you are today.  The way you are...the way you act...the qualities you possess...the smile on your face...the gleam in your eye...the things you say...the way you treat people...the way you look at life... - It's all beautiful.  You're beautiful.

My girl, you are so incredible and I love you the most!

Love, Mommy





No comments:

Post a Comment