Thursday, July 26, 2012

Wild In The Womb



Wrapping up our 24th week!
...and starting to have to remind myself at times to embrace every single moment of this third and last pregnancy!


From the time I wake up until the time I go to bed, I very rarely feel baby girl move.  Several times throughout the day, I will have to stop - sit down and relax - and wake baby girl up.  I have to rub my belly, get a little nudge from her, and assure myself that she's okay :)


Between working during the day and playing with a 1 year old and 3 year old in the evenings, I stay pretty active and on my feet.  I tend to the think that all of the walking and 'up and at 'em' lull baby girl to sleep.  If she does get a little active during the day, maybe I don't notice it because I'm too busy staying busy!


It's not until the late evening or when I'm laying in bed that this little baby goes WiLd in the womb!!  It's absolutely amazing and sometimes I have to get up and get busy just to lull her back to sleep! 


Books say that at 24 weeks gestation, baby is about a foot long coming in at just over 1 pound.  Imagine a one pound ear of corn or a one pound foot long hot dog having a dance party in your womb.  I know anyone who has been pregnant knows exactly what I'm talking about - it's awesome! - one of my very favorite things about being pregnant. 

You go from the little movements (fish blowing bubbles or popcorn popping) to the kicks and punches (what I'm about ready to write about) to the final stages of there being no room in your belly for baby to move (rolls and waves).



So...what does it feel like when baby girl goes wild in the womb?

Sometimes it feels like she has 6 arms and 6 legs - I can't wrap my mind around what could possibly be kicking me and punching me in so many different areas of my belly all at the same time.  It really feels like there is an octopus in my belly that has her tentacles simultaneously knocking on my insides.  Crazy!
  
Sometimes it feels like she is stretching so hard that she is going to pop right through my stomach - I know I have so much more to grow and I know my belly will double in size, but sometimes I think that if I was any bigger, she would rip my skin.  The baby stretches and extends her arms out as far as she can above her head and streeetches and reaches with her feet to touch the very opposite end of her cozy little home.  It's a "feel good" pain and completely impressive!


Sometimes it feels like she is having seizures - This one kind of freaks me out a little bit.  Sometimes there are  one hundred quick movements within 10 seconds in my womb.  What in the world is going on in there?!  I don't know whether to describe it as seizure action or baby girl just being spastic.  These movements are quick, short, and jumpy.  Cool but freaky...and still makes me smile!

Sometimes she punches or kicks so hard that she makes my entire body move - Every once in awhile my entire body will jerk at the strength of her one little punch or kick.  I can't help but say "whoa" and giggle.  


I'm in awe of what one little teeny tiny baby can do.


So...nearing the end of our 24th week and getting a kick out of all of the baby's movements!
No pun intended :)

*i just cracked myself up*



No comments:

Post a Comment